Canada – US
Cross Border Tax
Understanding Canada – US taxBusiness Clients - Expanding into US
We are here to help you understand and navigate the complex Canada – US cross border tax system to achieve favorable tax results in both jurisdictions.
Cross border tax consultation
We will work with you as a tax advisor at the initial expansion and on-going operations in the followings:
- Choices among various business entities and ownership structures.
- Whether using a limited liability company (LLC) is beneficial
- Transfer pricing strategy relating to inter-company sales and service arrangements
- Cross border financing structures
- Analysis of Canada and US federal Treaty benefits and exposures
- Analysis of state nexus exposures to determine the state tax requirements
- Income allocation and apportionment mechanism at state level.
- On-going consultation support of business operations
Cross border tax return preparation
Working closely with your Canadian accountants, we will prepare all your US income tax and informational returns:
- US C corporation, partnership and other legal form returns
- US federal, state and local returns
- US treaty-based returns
- US foreign reporting returns
- US withholding tax returns
- US treaty benefit forms
- US Cross border transaction returns
2016 US corporate return is due September15, 2017